Sunday, February 03, 2008

Frozen in Grand Central



This is all over the web but if you haven't seen it, it's wonderful. Improve Everywhere had over 200 people freeze in place on cue in Grand Central Station in New York.

This is one of over 70 different missions Improv Everywhere has executed over the past six years in New York City. Others include the No Pants Subway Ride, the Best Buy uniform prank, and the famous U2 Rooftop Hoax, to name a few. Visit the website to see tons of photos and video of all of our work, including behind the scenes information on how this video was made.


And the blog entry about it is also really fun.

I read it first, as I do so often, on Mysdirection.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you'll get BoingBoinged again!

Oh, and you made the exact same typo I did, which makes me think that brilliant minds do think alike after all, or at least use copy/paste. :P

February 04, 2008 12:52 AM  
Blogger Beth Adele Long said...

SO COOL!

February 05, 2008 9:32 AM  
Blogger Tour Mistress Of The Darkness said...

That. Was Awesome.

I wish I'd seen that!!!

February 06, 2008 2:10 AM  
Blogger seawolff said...

Hi - indeed, I did see it. Meanwhile, I have bestowed upon you the Make My Day Award. (For details, check in at Pen in Hand.) Because you make my day very often, Maureen!

February 12, 2008 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Maureen, this was wonderful! I went to the Improv Everywhere site and looked at the No Pants improve. This is what MIT students call hacks, except bigger and less techie, I guess.

I do wonder that these nice people have never been hurt. Remember what happened to Star Simpson at Logan Airport? She wasn't even trying to be noticed, and they told her she was not only under arrest, she was "lucky she wasn't shot dead."

February 13, 2008 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're all very lucky they weren't Tasered.

February 14, 2008 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home