Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Jock

We are a distinctly non-jock family. Irony of ironies, Hudson is a total jock. Well, maybe not so ironic. Not many dogs are into the Internet and cult science fiction films. He and I walked two miles on Friday and I went out in the back yard in threw the tennis ball for awhile three different times and on Saturday, my arm was sore and Hudson was full of energy.

By today, he is pretty much beside himself. I had forgotten how much energy young dogs have.

All the walking is going to be good for me. But today I plan to paint the back bedroom. Which means I'm not going to be all gung ho about long walks and tennis ball sessions. Enter Jigsaw. Lawrence Persons also has a rescued Golden Retriever. Lawrence is the one who told me about the rescue. Jigsaw is a young, red, high energy male. And he's coming over today at two for a play date with Hudson. I hope they hit it off.

I hope they wear each other out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Maureen, Hudson is gorgeous, and I'm not even a lover of goldens. But thanks for reminding me about young dogs' energy--I'm dog-shopping at local shelters, trying to find one that is older, but not a senior.

January 28, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger Responsible Artist said...

I'm writing from the top of a hill, where I'm stuck until the snow melts and I can drive into town. My mean little dog is watching the outside from her window seat. Teenage boys, who have a snow day off, hike up and slide their sleds down the street. My dog barks and hops furiously each time a friendly lab or golden goober galumphs through the snow, unleashed because it is friendly and obedient, and thus a reminder to all little dogs of their yearning to control an uncontrollable world, and a reminder to me of my yearning for a dog with a more genteel nature.

January 28, 2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger Derryl Murphy said...

Maureen, do you have one of these?

http://www.gundogsupply.com/chuckit.html

If not, maybe I'll just wrap ours up and send it to you, since Smokey is emphatically NOT one for playing fetch.

D

January 28, 2008 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Coes said...

Loved reeading this thanks

October 12, 2023 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home