Thursday, January 24, 2008

My Sister, Instigator (Another Dog Post)


Years ago, when my nephew's boy (he starts college in the fall) was a toddler, my sister and I bought a Fisher Price lawn mower that made the horrendous popping noise. It was so annoying that his parent would let him play with it for awhile, and then would put it up because it was driving them crazy.

Yesterday UPS arrived with a package for Hudson Yeager. Inside were vitamins, Omega 3 oil for his coat, toys and A Ball. The Ball was an instant hit. It's softball-sized, too tough to chew through (he destroys tennis balls) and it's just too big and heavy for Shelly the World's Most Annoying Dachshund to want it.

Hudson loves his ball. Hudson tosses the ball to us. All the time. When Bob is on the computer. When we're watching TV. When I'm in the kitchen. I went to the bathroom and while I was there, the ball kept thumping against the door.

Auntie Pat has a lot to answer for.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brand of ball? Name of company?

I have two Lab mixes, and tennis balls last about 5 minutes.

January 24, 2008 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*moan*

....keep up these posts and pics and I'm gonna have to unsubscribe from your feed, man.

:)

January 24, 2008 3:00 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

The Ball is a The Ball XL from RuffDawg. It floats. The L is probably also good.

Steve, hopefully in a few months you can post about your own...

January 24, 2008 3:14 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Gotta offer a counter opinion to vplsteve. You know I like Bob, and find his Real Housewives of Orange County fandom charming, but I just kind of skimmed that through and said, "There's no Hudson in this at all! What gives?"

Also, Shelly's not annoying.

January 24, 2008 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hudson looks so happy!
Ellen

January 24, 2008 8:25 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Christopher, you've got to give vpisteve a break. He had to give up his golden a year ago for a move and now he's pining.

January 24, 2008 11:27 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Ah. Sorry, vpisteve! Misinterpreted!

January 25, 2008 8:20 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

I love Hudson. I love Hudson with a ball in his mouth. And there are no such thing as too many dog pics. (For some great ones, visit juliezickefoose.com and go to "julie's blog," where a frequent star is her charming Boston terrier, Chet Baker.)
Meanwhile, Maureen, I Drew Where I Sleep, at www.karensandstrom.blogspot.com

January 26, 2008 8:39 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

My sister has forwarded the following info regarding the ball.

The ball came from my favorite catalog company KV Vet. www.kvvet.com
The ball is simply called THE BALL item # 82632
They also make a fabulous bouncy thing called THE ROCK. item #82639

January 26, 2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Scarlett said...

We enjoyed the stories of Hudson very much. We are happy that you took in him. I have two rescues myself and have fostered tons of others.

I believe the rescue is actually a fairy tale, thank God you are Hudson's fairy godmother, and he "found" you from all the other choices in the world.

Be sure to smooch him for me!

January 26, 2008 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home