Thursday, June 23, 2005

On the Road Again

Tomorrow morning, early, I leave for North Carolina for a reading at Malaprops and then the week long writer's workshop, Sycamore Hill. Shingles are responding to medication. Now all I have to do is laundry, getting copies of the story, getting the dog's prescription for thyroid meds refilled, etc. etc.

I glanced in the mirror yesterday morning and thought I had not gotten my make-up all off the night before. Specifically, my eyebrow pencil. My eyebrows had that Richard Nixon, 5:00 o'clock shadow look. Then I peered closely and realized, it's hair! My eyebrows are coming back! And my eyelashes!

The dogs and I did a bit of a happy dance. They didn't know why we were happy, but dogs are almost always willing to be happy.

5 Comments:

Blogger chance said...

Yay! have fun at Sycamore Hill and stay out of trouble :)

June 23, 2005 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god you caught the shingles early, and they are responding to the medicine. What a pain in that ass they can be. Hope you have fun on your trip!

June 23, 2005 11:56 PM  
Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Hope you have a fun time here in North Cackalacky. Won't be able to make the reading in Asheville (I'm in Raleigh), but I'm sure it'll be fantastic, in at least two senses of the word.

June 24, 2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Wow, I'm over from Bookslut. I live in Asheville. I'll try to make to your reading. If Jessa Crispin loves your writing, I'm sure I will too.

June 28, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Oops, I didn't look at the date of your post. Sorry I missed you. I'll still buy your book of short stories--looking forward to a good read.

June 28, 2005 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home