Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Deep in House Prep


Above is what my house is supposed to look like when it goes on the market on Friday.



Unfortunately, we are having new carpet installed tomorrow upstairs. So below is what my house actually looks like this afternoon.

I feel like one of those design tv shows where everything has to be done in twenty-four hours. Of course, on Friday, the house will be painted and repaired and cleaned to within an inch of its life and we'll wonder why we're leaving it now that we finally did all those things we've been meaning to do for years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Deb,

I have a big dog and a little dog, which is probably easier than two big dogs. However, I also briefly have a snake, which is annoying. Especially since the miniature dachshund wants to eat the snake, which will make car rides really interesting.

Today I learn that the carpet won't be finished today. So my house will be torn up tomorrow, too. Bob was up until 3:00 a.m. painting. We have no bed right now. But the carpet guys are great.

August 10, 2006 1:43 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Carpet is installed (and what a difference it makes. The realtor was so psyched.) We have out first showing tomorrow at 10:00 am. We're putting the house back together right now and tonight we'll be in a cleaning frenzy.

August 11, 2006 6:28 PM  
Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Okay, I'll come over and help as long as that hot carpenter guy is there (or I'll settle for Ralkly Caparas.

But there is no effing way I'm wearing one of those smocks.

August 12, 2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home