Saturday, July 22, 2006

Life's Little Displeasures

I have been thinking about a post but I have come down with an earache. Like toothaches, earaches suck up mental bandwidth like nobody's business. So the post will be postponed.

If I were the kind of person who saved pain medication from when I was sick last year, I would now be coasting around in a hydrocodone haze. This would reduce the distraction value of the earache, but have the side effect of making me fuzzy and unwilling to concentrate on anything demanding.

I think I'll go lie down and see what's on television.


Blogger Beth Adele said...

[hugs] Hope you feel better fast!

So, this is really weird to most Westerners, but if you have earache problems it might be worth a try: have you ever heard of a neti pot? Wikipedia entry about jala neti

Like I said, it sounds horrific at first, but it's pretty amazing once you get used to it. It might help if your earaches are due to sinus pressure, etc.

And hey, you SAID you might like to try yoga! [grin]

July 23, 2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Actually, my earache is all my fault. I got a little gung-ho with a q-tip. So the docotr prescribed me some antibiotic eardrops.

But I've actually used a little bit of jala neti before. It's hard to get used to.

July 23, 2006 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home