Friday, March 17, 2006

Summer Plans

I was scheduled to teach in Madison Wisconsin this summer at the University's Write By the Lake writing retreat. I, of course, cancelled when I thought I wouldn't be go and they closed my section. Well, now they are graciously re-opening it. So I get to go to Madison (assuming enough people sign up for my section.) I love Madison. I love the farmer's market at the capitol building, I love the funky shops by the university. It's a great place to just walk. And I understand I can rent a bike there and bike around the lake.

I'll be flying there from the workshop of Rio Hondo, so I ought to be all geared up to talk about fiction. If you were thinking that you might want to take a week and do some writing...

I cancelled my whole summer--Rio Hondo, Madison, Clarion West--and then much to my amazement, got it all back. I was almost afraid to contact people and tell them I'm okay. What if I jinx it? But the thing to do is be aggressive. Lucky and aggressive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The workshop website isn't up to date--they list your course as cancelled. The title sounds interesting: "The futuristic and the fantastical--from genre to mainstream." Maybe you could post a description here until the Madison website is updated?

March 18, 2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, catching up on your blog -- when are you going to be in Madison?

All summer?

Drop me an email if you'd like to do lunch or something! :-) (phaedra777 at gmail)

May 25, 2006 3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home