Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Being a Writer is Fun

Today I called my mechanic and told him I needed a car to make an annoying sound for a few days or weeks and then die. I explained that this was for a story and I did not intend to actually make a car do this. After a while we decided that the timing belt was making that kind of rubbing, ticking noise it can sometimes make in domestic cars before it snaps. And of course, once it snaps, your car is toast.

Given what people usually call their mechanic for, this was quite nice. (My mechanic is a person of immense patience and good humor.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I have long said that people will tell you anything if it's for something you're writing. It's nice you have a good mechanic to go to for such data, though.

March 28, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Madeleine speaks the truth.

What on earth does SM (in MCQSM) stand for? Not the obvious, obviously.

March 29, 2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

McQism, only sans vowels--but blogger doesn't allow lower case in the title of the blog.

March 29, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

If it's sans vowels, then it could just as easily be "McQismo." I like that.

March 29, 2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger SquidgePa said...

Isn't McQSM is an acronym? I thought it stood for

Mystical
Cheesy
Quadrivivium
Series-wound
Maraca

March 29, 2006 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home