Saturday, April 16, 2005

70# Finch Opaque Cream White Smooth Paper

Gavin sent me this, the printer's note, on the collection. I think it reads like found poetry:



Mothers & Other Monsters

Stories

Maureen F. McHugh


This is number of one hundred copies which are signed and hand-numbered by the author and accompanied by an exclusive chapbook of five poems and includes a tipped-in copy of the trade edition cover image of Judith Anderson photographed in the role of Medea by Erwin Blumenfeld.

Printed in May 2005 by Thomson-Shore of Dexter, MI, on 70# Finch Opaque Cream White Smooth paper, with 80# Oatmeal Rainbow Endpapers, Smyth Sewn in Pearl Linen Cloth, with a ribbon to keep your place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I love the typographic and paper notes in good books. It probably comes from having been raised in the household of a designer, with books of type and paper samples all over the place...

April 16, 2005 2:28 PM  
Blogger David Moles said...

Did I already mention that the first time I saw the title of this collection I mistook it for Monsters and Other Monsters?

April 16, 2005 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home