Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What The House Actually Looks Like

Just because I've spent a fair bit of time cleaning (the place is so clean now that if it were any cleaner we could use it for surgical procedures) I want to show it off. So here's the house.



This is the room that was filled with boxes. The paintings and pictures on the wall were my grandmother's. My great aunt's husband owned a frame shop. I suspect they got a good deal.



Before we took up the rug to show the hardwood floors, this was the room we spent the most time in. Now it feels a bit like a gymnasium. I wanted to get a photo with the view out the back, but I have no photography skills and every time I take a picture out the window, of course the outside is so much lighter that it washed out the room.



I found this on the camera. It's the downstairs half bath, carefully accessorized with Adam. (Unlike the window treatments, Adam does not come with the house.) He hates photos of himself, but I figure since I found it on my camera, it's fair game.

3 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

I think the hardwood floors look lovely--but then, aside from Emily's little rug and horrible carpet in the hallway, we're all about the hardwood here.

Adam looks very serious.

August 22, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Adam's very serious expression is not his usual expression. I'm not saying he can't be serious...but I will say he often isn't.

August 23, 2006 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're house is lovely. My living room has about the same shade of yellow as your walls. It's lovely and adds warmth to any room. Your photos are good so don't worry about them

August 24, 2006 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home