Monday, December 29, 2008

How Did I Miss This?


Burger King recently launched a fragrance. Flame cost $3.99 a spray bottle and apparently smells of smoke and flame broiled meat. Alas, it sold out and is currently going for $100 in the Buy It Now category on Ebay.

The body spray was not available at Burger Kings. It was available at Flame Meets Desire, a website featuring romantic images--roses, candles, someone pouring a glass of Freixenet, a sparkling cava that I like but which is essentially cheap champagne, and most terrifying of all, the Burger King guy (weird fiberglass head on male model body) lying on a fur in front of the fire, a fur draped strategically across his pelvis, beckoning. It was also available in an exclusive deal at Ricky's, the New York City drugstore.

I am willing to be convinced that food could be a fragrance. My husband is drawn to the kitchen by the scent of onions and garlic sauteing. Walking through a store, I find the smell of birthday cake draws me to the bakery. Flame broiled meat does seem like a possible aphrodisiac, redolent (if you'll pardon the pun) with suggestiveness. But fast food? It's a terrifying world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Responsible Artist said...

My husband has diagnosed the burger king guy as having some kind of frontal lesion that has frozen his face in that position. I'm blanking on the exact condition but will try to find out.

December 29, 2008 12:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

http://www.rickyshalloween.com/flame_0153_body_spray_p/flame.htm

That link is to the sale page and at the bottom are the reviews of the cologne by users. They are almost as good as the website, although, Mr. Burger King with whipped cream is an image hard to beat....

December 29, 2008 2:17 PM  
Blogger jesswynne said...

Er...wow. And yikes.

Should be pardon the bun, too? (I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.)

December 29, 2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

That picture is beyond disturbing. I mean, the King himself is plain upsetting, but (shiver)...

December 31, 2008 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home