Friday, November 02, 2007

Testing the New Oven


Banana bread.

Lord knows, we have enough Halloween candy that I have no reason to be baking, but the oven is new, the bananas were past ripe.

Not baking would have been wrong. Just wrong.

(My last batch of banana bread was too brown on the outside by the time it was baked in the middle. The new oven performs like a charm.)

And banana bread has bananas in it! So it's healthy! (I remember hearing a chef say that everyone was so afraid of fat that no one would eat pound cake, but if he grated carrots and put in raisins and nuts and some cinnamon and called it carrot cake, it flew off the menu.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's for dinner?

November 02, 2007 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banana bread....
I haven't had that in eons.
Looks REALLY good!

November 02, 2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

I'm hungry. (Though I'm still wearing the carrot cake I baked this week on my ass, I'm pretty sure.)

November 02, 2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I'd like to leave a witty comment so you'll look at my blog - but I find food boring and I've never had cancer. I do agree with your comment about Erin's blog and oh, yeah, I am an evil stepmother. . . dianeferri@blogspot.com

November 03, 2007 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...looks delicious and healthy. Would you share the recipe with us? I'm a huge fan of banana nut muffins, so I would love to try the bread.

November 07, 2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger Responsible Artist said...

We didn't do Halloween because of the dog but Kate says she's putting out her leftover candy for the workshop tomorrow. This makes me want to post my dinner for tonight, which looks horrible but tastes really good.

November 09, 2007 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home