Austin Kleon has a post about the outline of Faulkner's novel that he wrote on the walls of his office. Since Austin is psychic, he actually wrote this post on Thursday, July 6, 2006, but it is so germane to my last post, I stole his photo and I'm happily posting a link to his post.
Considering that I've only actually spoken to Austin a couple of times in person, it's amazing how much stuff I steal from his blog.
My outline is going along nicely. Right now it looks like this:
- (Prologue) Rhea Drunk and Dial 8/28/2005
- Amanda 8/19
- Skinny dipping
- walk in the woods
- Rhea walking with the saints 8/20
- Argument: Rhea plans to leave Butch
- Asks Amanda about moving in with her if she would move back
- Amanda needs some sort of tension point.
- Road trip stuff needs to happen that does not feel like one damn thing after another, but like a carefully constructed set of incidents that illuminate the themes of the novel and consistently reveal aspects of character. It would help if they would also be entertaining.
- Hurricane 8/29
I need to do more research for F., but I'm expecting that the research will help with figuring out the story there.
Well, at least I have the next scene...