Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I <3 Craig's List


Why put stuff out on the curb and hope someone takes it when you can put it on Craig's List! We have an old, but still working gas grill. It's rusted, and we grill a lot, so we made the command decision that in Texas we would buy a new grill rather than try to haul this thing. Besides, moving companies are funny about propane tanks. Usually, what I would do with something like this is put it out on the curb early the day before garbage pick-up with a sign that says 'Still Works' and hope someone picked it up. We live on a dead end street, but stuff still disappears much of the time.

But now I can put it on Craig's List with the two empty propane tanks for $25! And someone who wants one will get a grill and we don't have to worry about sending it to Texas! In fact, someone may pay me not to have to take it to Texas! This is so cool!

I am now prowling my house looking for things to post on the list. Make a little cash, reduce the amount of stuff I have. It's a win-win, right? There's got to be stuff I can get rid of.



Think $10 is too high?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wouldn't!!! And he knows you wouldn't....:-)
Ellen

September 19, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Darby M. Dixon III said...

For a robo-dog, I'd go at least $12.

September 19, 2006 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, don't tell my fiance you're getting rid of that: she keeps BEGGING me to get a dachschund.

http://static.flickr.com/70/184668320_2053ad754a.jpg?v=0

roxy is not ours, obviously...

September 19, 2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Greg van Eekhout said...

Trade you your dog for some steaks.

September 20, 2006 1:53 AM  
Blogger Responsible Artist said...

If you sell that dog then who will I give the dachsund oil portrait to? I'm making a housewarming present.

September 20, 2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patrick,
I ran into him at LA Con and was impressed at how he's grown up. I knew him years ago when he attened ICFA and was an annoying little clueless nerd. I reminded him of this and he humbly took it :-)
Ellen

September 20, 2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Unfortunately, Craig's List won't allow you to post sales of live animals on the site--although I could claim she is a robo-dog.

So I'm going to post an old bicycle instead. And maybe leave the dachshund on Austin's doorstep. And sneer at Greg, since of course, I have no grill on whch to grill steaks.

I wonder if anyone sells houses on Craig's List, since Patric found an apartment there. (Going to go check...)

September 21, 2006 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home