Thursday, September 07, 2006

More Dessert Coming But For Now...

Everybody but me has probably seen this, but its fun for anyone who ever took chemistry. When I was in college, there was always the story of the unwitting foreign graduate student who put sodium in the sink...


Anonymous Anonymous said...

The coming desert must be due to global warming, which is a depressing and sometimes controversial topic.

September 08, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Sodium in water...
Daaaaamn that was a good one!
Fun with,and better living through chemistry!

Explosions can be great fun,
as long as no one gets hurt.

I think there is a touch of
pyromaniac in all of us!

Ask Bob to show you how to
make a beer can mortor.Loads of
fun,those were!


September 08, 2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Chris, Bob has told me lots of stories about beer can mortors and some of them involve Pops. That family is one crazy family. ;)

September 09, 2006 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Better living through chemistry. What fun. I don't remember chemistry ever being that much fun.

September 09, 2006 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Bob said...

One of these days I'll tell you how Pops made a carbide cannon out of an old coffee can, 2 six volt batteries, a coil and condenser, and a spark plug. Very impressive flame and loud as hell. Launched a plastic ball about 100 feet straight up.

September 14, 2006 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Hi Bob,
I remember that one!You had it
sitting around in the garage.

These days,you can't get away
with such things.The F.B.I would
be at the door in a heartbeat.

Have you ever made a "device"
using an old plastic milk jug,
an oxy-aceteline mix from a welding
torch,and a piece of twine for a fuse?KA-boom!

September 14, 2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Bob, Chris, I can only say I am glad you two are separated by thousands of miles.

Chris, if Adam ever meets you my life will be a living hell. Interesting. Full of science experiments. But a living hell.

(So, ever think of visiting Texas?)

September 14, 2006 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Hey Maureen,
Texas?Maybe...One of these days.

If Bob,Adam and I ever hook up,don't worry.I'm sure that any
"experiments" or "test's" would be carried out with safety in mind.

September 15, 2006 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home