Thursday, January 20, 2005

Whining

Perhaps the least comfortable day I've had so far. Pain in my joints and muscles of my left arm and shoulder. It's the arm I got chemo in, and my last treatment was a little more difficult. Chemo drugs are caustic and I had problem with the particular vein.

So tomorrow the doctor will get back to me with instructions. Tonight I'm to take a lot of ibuprofen.

As life threatening illness symptoms go, this is less painful than when my mom fell on the icy driveway and broke her upper arm and dislocated her shoulder. But I am moping a bit and whining. Hence no brilliant post. Or insightful. Or, well, entertaining.

Tomorrow will be better. I'm hoping for vicodin. (Always a cause to celebrate.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Feeley said...

Whining about the fact that you're whining! That is so postmodern.

We can't all have good days, and a bad one is likely to be on a Thursday. As you say, it doesn't look to become a trend.

Sing one stanza of "I've Got Cancer and It's Thursday" and go to bed, and next thing you know, it will be Friday.

January 20, 2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, Maureen, I'm sorry you're feeling poorly. Here's to vicodin and the pain's passing tomorrow. Now you know that you get lots of bravery points from pain during cancer -- so you really must find some way to benefit from this.

I hope the morning brings you ease.

January 21, 2005 12:25 AM  
Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

G'head, whine. The universe owes you a coupla whiny days...

January 21, 2005 1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would Shelly do?

January 21, 2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Well, when you put it that way...whine.

(Shelly, Dachshund Princess and center of the universe.)

Just finally got medication. The nurse missed the doctor last night. She told me to take four ibuprofen and that got me some sleep--restless and dream-filled, but sleep. Then this morning the doctor did in fact call me in a prescription for vicodin.

I mean to keep them for sleeping, but I'm so tired of hurting (it's nerve pain, like shingles) that I just took one and I'm waiting for it to work.

January 21, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Greg van Eekhout said...

Oh, ugh! I hope the Vicodin's doing its job.

January 21, 2005 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home