Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's snowing again today in Taos.

It's awfully fun to be spending a week in a beautiful place have intense discussions about the presentation of social marginalization and the dangers of appropriation in stories and a host of other topics that seem about as exciting as the tax code to most friends and family. I wonder, do accountants go to conferences where they have intense discussions about what the ramifications are of the way things are reported on balance sheets (think Enron) and does it send them into such paroxysms of passion and delight?

And that's before the wine and dinner. Because frankly, a glass of wine at 10,000 feet pretty much smacks me in the back of the head and renders me unfit for much more than, 'so, how's the wife and kids?'

Tonight is Margarita night at the Rio Hondo Writer's Workshop. A yearly traditions. And a Margarita at sea level is a pleasant experience. A Margarita at 10,000 feet, possibly a transcendent one.

3 Comments:

Blogger jesswynne said...

Sounds very much lovely and awesome to me. But then, I enjoy that kind of thing.

May 14, 2008 7:08 PM  
Blogger Steven Gould said...

We who live in the state are so grateful for the moisture as we are tired of catching on fire.

May 14, 2008 10:07 PM  
Blogger Azri said...

Hi,
Its a very nice post and picture you have here. The picture itself has given me a calmness in my heart. I don't know why, but i seems that i have falling in love with that place because of the pictures, maybe because of its beautiful scenery and and the calmness. I think myself is really tired of the haphazardness in the city and need to go to somewhere like in the picture.....

June 08, 2008 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home