Monday, March 19, 2007

My Car Resists Authority


I finally got all my paperwork together and headed out to make my car a resident of Texas. It's expensive to get Texas plates (cost me $177) and takes a ton of paperwork. On my way home I stopped at my local car place and asked them if they would put the plates on for me, because I realized only driving home today that not only was I driving on out of state plates, but that since my birthday is in February and in Ohio, registration expires on your birthday, I was driving on expired out of state plates, it seemed important to be as expiditious as possible.

I am not really a car kind of person. I mean, I like my car, but I'm just not very interested in it.

The guys at the local Goodyear are great. Jake came out and started to take the plate off. The screws are stuck into those plastic fasteners and everytime he turned the screw, the fastener just spun.

I ended up having to leave my car at the mechanic's to get the plates swapped out. But they just called and said the car was read and that it would cost $13.98. I accused Jake of not charging me labor but he assured me he had charged me $8.00 for labor. The rest was parts. They had to get new fasteners.

The picture is just because Shelly is borderline thyroid and so we are to watch to see if her symptoms disappear.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darby M. Dixon III said...

My, Shelley...how your paws have grown! And, uh, grown furrier!

March 20, 2007 12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we moved to Texas (from PA, which has its own set of bizarre laws (example: try buying beer in a six-pack)), we discovered that it was far, far easier to buy a new car than to try to get Texas plates for the POS that we were currently driving. Which is, in fact, what we did.

March 20, 2007 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet photo.
Congrats on the sale.
Ellen

March 20, 2007 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home