Friday, January 27, 2006

Home From the Big City

I am home $5,000 richer. I had the time of my life. I had tapas with the Nielsen Haydens*, lunch at the Lotos Club with Larry Dark and Julie Lindsey, a long walk and conversation with Greg Feeley, a great evening at the Story Prize**, breakfast with a friend, lunch with some unfictioners***, dinner with Gavin Grant and Ellen Datlow and Gordon Van Gelder and Jim Minz and lots of other people**** and I am exhausted.

I will post real stuff tomorrow.

*fresh anchovies bear the same resemblence to the furry salty things in the can that fresh tuna does to the stuff in the pouch.

**more on this, I promise.

***unfictioners are people who like unfiction. See also ARGN.

****and I had soup dumplings, which are a food of the gods. And Ellen Datlow gave me chocolate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

oops, you are right, will edit.

January 28, 2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home