Tuesday, May 10, 2005

On Track

It's Tuesday. I'm healthy. Everything looks good for Thursday.

I've heard that the final chemo is anti-climactic. I've also heard that walking out of the office after that final chemo is the best feeling in the world. I've heard that for some people, it's scary to stop chemo. At least with chemo, they're fighting the disease, but afterwards, there's nothing to do but wait and hope for no relapse.

Me, I'm going to be so busy I don't think I'll have time to worry about relapse. I've got too much to do this summer. I've got to work on a novel, go to some workshops, go to a convention (Wiscon). Bob and I are also planning on a summer of healthy eating and walks--I've got rehab in front of me. Recipes to find! The bike trail beckons! I can start going to my writer's groups again, no more fear of large crowds and infectious diseases!

I've got hair to grow!

7 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine Robins said...

Magic to do! What a grand vista.

May 10, 2005 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

May 10, 2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Oh Ellen, I hope so! I need to go shopping!

May 10, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Ruby said...

woohoo!! things only look up from here :-)

and I wanted to tell you, you made my day when I checked my blog this morning. I love the rattlesnake analogy!

May 10, 2005 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think probably growing the hair back will be the funnest part as long as it doesn't make too much noise coming back in.

May 10, 2005 6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for the final Chemo treatment! I took my Mom out for the very best dinner I could get for her at the Hilltop Steakhouse after her last chemo treatment 6 years ago. Her hair grew back curly, and we called it her million dollar perm for a while.

Thinking good thoughts for you.

Kate

May 11, 2005 3:21 AM  
Blogger chance said...

Hooray for no more chemo! and for Wiscon!

hooray!

May 12, 2005 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home