Monday, November 03, 2008

Pigeons on the grass, alas


Last week I was down in Zilker Park at the Barton Springs Pool. It was 72 degrees. The area has wireless, believe it or not. All afternoon I sat with the sound of the steady splash of people swimming laps in the spring.



They sell pigeon and duck food. The pigeons are fat and tame, and crowded fearlessly closer and closer until finally they ate out of my hand. They pressed their smooth breasts against the curves of my fingers and only pinched a bit.



5 Comments:

Blogger jesswynne said...

Those are great pictures.

November 03, 2008 6:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's a cool experience and those are neat pictures. However, I'm reminded of the fact that pigeons are referred to as "Rats with wings" and I seem to remember stories about you and rats and a pot of water....I guess if the pigeons were inside, it would be different :)

November 04, 2008 9:29 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

PS - I hope this means you were sitting by the pool working on a novel? It's been a while McQ. Get crackin!

November 04, 2008 9:30 AM  
Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

How about a short story? Is that at least a good excuse?

November 04, 2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That'll do. You're good at writing short stories, so they should definitely count!

November 04, 2008 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home