Friday, September 21, 2007


I was just browsing boing boing and, if you count the entry about a high school of homeland security (think high school of the arts, only to become a member of the homeland security team instead of Jonathan Lethem) there are four articles today on boing boing about airport security. I started thinking about that as a statement of social class. I mean, I fly a lot these days. I'm going to be flying next week and I am way worried about which airport, what connections, and the advisability of flying early in the day before delays build up and cascade through the system. But a lot of people don't.

This isn't a criticism of boing boing, just an observation that there is a certain class of people who travel a lot. They don't necessarily have a lot of money. But they're information rich.

On the other hand, I had saki with dinner and don't have the wit or inclination to think much more about this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Barzak said...

mmm, sake.

September 22, 2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger ellen klages said...

Or perhaps dining with a volume by H.H. Munro...?

September 24, 2007 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home